Idea for said section of map.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Kenny, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Kenny

Kenny New Member

Honestly the view we are given is a little lacking, I feel like a full pan around the area would of been nicer but I guess one must take what they are given.

https://imgur.com/L7WccXY (the sketch that is being explained)

Explaining Terms:
    Markets - These would be stalls that the server rents to the players, they would last X amount of time and once the time ends anything in the stall would be moved into a window similar to a pv. (after 4 days the items would be deleted if not taken out of that area to prevent abusing storage space)

Type of stalls - You got two options for this
    1. Pre-built stalls: Players would pay rent on the stalls which allows them to set up buy/sell shops. (It would be chests that have buy/sell signs on them similar to ones you see on prison server plots) The shop design itself would not be changeable, the only thing they could edit is the signs and the contents of the chests.
    2. Custom Stalls, Instead of being pre-built players can design how their shop is organised and built. (anything that is not a shop will be removed after 24 hours) Players would design the entire stall. The only area they would not be able to edit is parts of the map itself. (like the walls, floor, roof etc)

Both the stall types would have a similar system but for the pre-built one, once the rent timer has ended and they lose ownership of the shop anything that was once built would be despawned (and depending on the coding you might not get the placed blocks back just the items in the chests)

Bank/NPC - This area would have multiple features. The list of them are as follows
    1. Bankers - These are NPC's that offer storage that can be rented, this storage would cost X amount and would have payments every X intervals. These storage areas can only be accessed through the bankers and would have no commands for distant access, It is more or less the way a f2p can get more storage room.

2. Money Lenders (optional) - These would be NPCs that offer loans that have interest on them, The way they would work is that the player would put an item in for collateral and the bank would allow a loan up to 1.5 times the amount the collateral is worth, To prevent exploits of this system if players are unable to pay back the laon after X amount of time then penalties would start to occur. These penalties would be things such as inability to place spawners, kicked from your faction and unable to rejoin, Loss of money after X intervals and the loss of collateral. The bankers would accept payments in two forms, Either through equivalent exchange of items or money.

3. The other NPCs present would be the abstract ones that don't fit in other areas of the map, like ones that sell plugin based items/weapons, the auctioneer, quest master (if you add those) and any other odd NPC that needs a home.

I do understand that some of this would be extremely difficult to implement without causing bugs or exploits but it would be interesting to see some of these added into the game. (the custom stalls might be hard to set up and the money lenders might be to hard to balance out without causing exploits)

KillernateHD likes this.
  2. KillernateHD

KillernateHD New Member

I think you have some good ideas. I agree that implementing some of there may cause bugs or exploits, and may cause more harm than good. However your idea about bankers that have storage you can rent is a very good idea. It would greatly help the players that don't purchase ranks stay influential on the server.

I hope that we get this bank NPC or something similar.

3. WidzzTV

WidzzTV Moderator
    Mod Staff

I like this idea! In my opinion, it would look nice with just some small markets around and an NPC in each market. Either way, good job! :)